Since 1 October 2019 Dr. Hülsberg has been a member of the board of directors of our company where he is responsible for the "Technology & Innovation" board department. At Grant Thornton Germany he is also in charge of the department Governance, Risk, Compliance & Technology focusing on special audits, cyber/IT security and digitalisation of business models and processes. Prior to this, he worked for Big Four businesses in audit and advisory services and for industrial enterprises.
Fields of expertise
- Advice on and audit of risk management/compliance management systems (CMS) and internal controls
- Outsourcing relating to the company officers (data protection, compliance, ombudsman)
- Monitoring and control of large projects (construction and IT projects)
- Advising directors/boards of directors and supervisory boards/advisory boards on their duties of diligence
- Performance of forensic audits (economic crime)
- IT security/anti-cyber crime
- Digitalisation in the field of accounting/controlling, procurement, distribution and HR
- Board member of the Allianz für Sicherheit in der Wirtschaft Nordrhein-Westfalen e.V. (ASW NRW e.V.)
- Board member of the Financial Experts Association (FEA)
Member of the External and Internal Monitoring of Enterprises study group of the Schmalenbach-Gesellschaft (society for business management)
- Member of the Governance, Risk & Compliance study group at the Institute of Public Auditors in Germany [Institut der Wirtschaftsprüfer e.V. (IDW)]
- In the section "Wissen A-Z" (knowledge A-Z), experts of our company explain current terms for supervisory boards and advisory boards and disseminate high-quality expertise on a regular basis.