When it comes to the success of your business, purchasing and distribution are decisive factors. We’ll assist you in every area of the law governing trade and distribution as well as the law of contracts. We will provide you with assistance in setting up or developing your distribution system, regardless of whether you distribute via bricks-and-mortar or e-commerce. From drafting new contracts to issues with existing contractual relations – you can contact us with all the legal challenges you face to do with trade and distribution.
As well as legal advice on specific events, you can also engage us to act as your outsourced legal department.
For your outbound, cross-border distribution, we work in coordination with our colleagues in the global Grant Thornton network, while remaining your local contact. Conversely, our international clients with inbound business also treasure our knowledge of the market and pragmatic approach to advisory.
The way we draft contracts ultimately means that the risks to your business are minimised. But if disagreements with your contractual partners do arise, we will gladly offer our support in finding a solution that is acceptable and works for both sides. If necessary, we will also represent your interests in court.
We will negotiate, draft and check commercial agreements for you all along the value chain, from production to distribution:
- Procurement agreements
- Supply agreements
- Service agreements
- Production agreements
- Rental agreements
- Guarantee agreements
- Cooperation agreements, including on development
- Licence agreements, including for trademarks
- Confidentiality agreements
- Other blanket and individual agreements, e.g. quality control agreements, transitional service agreements, management service agreements, etc.
We draft terms and conditions for your business model’s portfolio of products and services, check the existing conditions and rework existing clauses as necessary.
We can check, draft and negotiate contracts relating to distribution, especially:
- Franchise agreements and master franchise agreements
- Area development agreements
- Commercial agent agreements
- Official dealer agreements/distribution agreements
- Licence agreements
We also offer advice on all legal issues concerning distribution, including:
- Related to terminating distribution agreements and implementing the termination, particularly with respect to defending against claims to compensation brought by commercial agents
- Online marketing/e-commerce
- Development of distribution networks
- Development of existing distribution structures
- Planned marketing strategies
- Agreement of appropriate incoterms.
We give advice on all legal issues concerning trade and agreements, especially on the law governing warranties and damages.
We will be glad to assist you as part of M&A transactions with legal due diligence audits in our specialist areas.
Get in touch, without any commitment.
Are you looking for comprehensive advice on commercial issues and distribution? Contact our expert Dr. Freifrau von Hauch. She will be pleased to help!
We’re proud of the awards we’ve won. And we’re just as happy that our clients give us top ratings! We’re working hard to keep it that way. And that’s a promise!