Giving domestic and foreign clients legal advice when buying and selling companies and shareholdings is what we do best. We have extensive experience in this area stretching back many years, and together with our colleagues in Advisory and Tax, we offer M&A advice from a single source. We cover advisory services along the entire M&A life cycle. This means you benefit from our combination of profound legal expertise and experience with inside knowledge of the industry.
We are also there for you internationally. We are a member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, and our experts from Grant Thornton Legal will also make sure that your transactions are watertight internationally.
Together, we will identify what is important to you and focus on it. We’ll network with your transaction team and thereby gain a profound understanding of your business model.
By using the newest forms of technology, we create efficient solutions and use our tried and tested tool set to process M&A projects, even under intense time constraints.
- Systematic screening of potential targets and analysis of existing business
- Transaction management
- Structuring the transaction
- Negotiating term sheets, confidentiality agreements and letters of intent
- Help with setting up an auction process
- Assistance before and during legal due diligence
- Preparation of the necessary contracts and resolutions
- Contract negotiations
- Contract management and transaction documentation
- Preparation of signing and closing
- Assistance in post-closing with creating value after the deal has been closed by leveraging synergies and setting up restructuring programmes
- Buying and selling distressed assets, non-performing loans and businesses
- Acquisition from the insolvency administrator
- Realisation of distressed assets
- Takeover offers
- Control and profit transfer agreements
- Advisory of management and supervisory boards
Our expert knowledge in important industries allows us to estimate the challenges of M&A deals realistically, plan them effectively and support them successfully. That’s why we count on our expertise in the sectors of:
- Chemicals & pharmaceuticals
- Energy & natural resources
- Financial services
- Mechanical & plant engineering
- Public sector
- Private equity
- Real estate
- Retail & consumer products
- Transport & logistics
Get in touch, without any commitment.
Are you looking for comprehensive advice on mergers & acquisitions (M&A)? Contact Mathias Reif and his team of experts. They will be glad to help!
We’re proud of the awards we’ve won. And we’re just as happy that our clients give us top ratings! We’re working hard to keep it that way. And that’s a promise!