Marc A. Sahner has been a member of the Audit & Assurance management team since 2014 and became spokesperson in 2021. He leads our Assurance Service team as the responsible partner.
Marc Sahner has more than 20 years of professional experience at Grant Thornton and is head of a diverse team of 50, focusing on financial statement audits and audit-related consulting for medium-sized, mainly owner-managed companies with an international orientation.
He is a tax advisor and German public auditor, quality control auditor and as management spokesman he leads the Audit & Assurance service line at Grant Thornton in Germany. Marc Sahner’s focus is the chemistry & pharmaceuticals industry, the wholesale and retail sector, service providers of all kinds, and the technical equipment and engineering industry.
- Audits of financial statements and consolidated financial statements
- Integrated Assurance Services, in particular for professionalising commercial processes or preparing capital market transactions
- Internal Controls & Internal Audit
- Fraud audits & other special-purpose audits on an ad hoc basis
- Peer reviews
- Institute of Public Auditors in Germany [Institut der Wirtschaftsprüfer e.V. (IDW)]
- Chamber of German Public Auditors [Wirtschaftsprüferkammer]
- Co-author of the practice commentary: Qualitätskontrolle in der Wirtschaftsprüfung (Quality control in auditing), Verlag Dr. Otto Schmidt, Cologne 2002
- Publications in the field of compliance:
- „Big Data & Internal Investigation – große Datenmengen effizient analysieren“ ("Big Data & Internal Investigation - efficiently analysing large amounts of data", Best Practice contribution to the BUJ-Compliance Summit 2015, together with Christian Knake)
- „Compliance in Zahlen“ (Compliance in numbers) (November 2012/FINANCE)
- „Compliance Management: Rechte und Pflichten des Aufsichtsrats“ ("Compliance Management - rights and duties of supervisory boards", Best Practice contribution to the BUJ Compliance Summit 2013, together with Willi Viefers)
- „§ 130 OWiG und IDW PS 980, Spannungsfeld oder echte Haftungserleichterung?“ ("Section 130 Administrative Offences Act and IDW PS 980, area of conflict or real relief from liability?", Best Practice contribution to the Compliance Summit 2014, together with Christian Knake)
- Diplom-Kaufmann [Graduate in Business Administration]
- Tax Advisor
- German Public Auditor