As a member of the Audit & Assurance Services, Thomas Senger is responsible for the Audit of Publicly Listed Companies service line. He has around 25 years of professional experience; his core activities are consolidated accounting and audits of consolidated accounts as well as IFRS accounting.
Fields of expertise
- Audits of separate/consolidated financial statements of internationally-oriented SMEs
- Audits of separate/consolidated financial statements of publicly listed companies
- Preparation of consolidated financial statements according to German GAAP and IFRS
- Expert opinions on accounting problems under German GAAP and IFRS
- Purchase price allocation according to German GAAP and IFRS
- Member of the Grant Thornton International Ltd IFRS Interpretations Group
- Member of the IFRS and consolidated accounting working groups of the IDW
- Member of the DRSC working groups on consolidated groups, capital consolidation and equity valuation
- Member of the scientific advisory board of the Düsseldorf Business School GmbH at the Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf
- Kommentierung von § 256 a HGB, §§ 290 bis 315 a HGB [Commenting on Sec. 256a HGB, Sec. 290 to 315a HGB] in Münchener Kommentar Bilanzrecht [Munich Commentary on Accounting Law], vol. 2, Verlag C.H.Beck, Munich.
- Kommentierung zu nahestehende Unternehmen/Personen, Aufstellungspflichten, Währungsumrechnung, Unternehmenszusammenschlüsse, Vollkonsolidierung, IFRS für den Mittelstand (SME-IFRS) [Commenting on associated companies/related persons, duty of compile financial statements, currency translation, business combinations, full consolidation, SME-IFRS] in Beck´sches IFRS Handbuch [Beck's IFRS Handbook], 4th edition, Verlag C.H.Beck, Munich.
- Bilanzierung von Intellectual Property [Accounting of intellectual property] in Vögele Geistiges Eigentum – Intellectual Property, Verlag C.H. Beck, Munich.
- Co-editor of the specialist journal IRZ Zeitschrift für internationale Rechnungslegung [International Accounting Journal], published by C.H. Beck, Vahlen, Linde, Stämpfli
- Lectureship at Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf
- German Public Auditor
- Tax Advisor