From the Royal Family to the Beatles, Christmas markets to Jürgen Klopp, there is a long tradition of common interests and cultural exchange between the UK and Germany. This also true in business, and even after Brexit the two countries remain important trade partners, with Germany still the UK’s second most important trade partner for both imports and exports. The common industrial backgrounds and motoring heritage are seen in the strong trade of metals and vehicles, while the enviable knowledge bases are demonstrated in the large trade of medicines and financial services.
But differences remain – did the ball cross the line in 1966? Our experts in Germany and the UK are at your side to ensure you have the best knowledge of the local specifics, to avoid pitfalls and optimise your dealings in the countries.
Why Grant Thornton Germany?
In our UK Desk, we combine dedicated market and industry knowledge with proven professional expertise. In 11 locations across Germany, our interdisciplinary teams of experts support you in making the right decisions with pragmatic solutions. Today, numerous British subsidiaries of international groups and companies of British origin trust our experience and know-how. As the German member firm of Grant Thornton International, we can find the right local expert for your issues and guarantee that your projects will be handled quickly and reliably.
Our solutions: Our UK desk advises and accompanies you during your
- Your market entry into Germany or the UK;
- The selection of the optimal legal form for your activities;
- Complying with regulatory requirements, for example in tax or labour law;
- Ensuring appropriate reporting, for example by optimising the transition to international accounting;
- Taking over outsourcing services (bookkeeping, payroll accounting, etc.);
- Planning, documenting, and defending complaint transfer pricing structures; and
- Annual audits according to German and international standards.