As a key supplier of complex products for the economy and as a customer for technologically advanced goods and services, mechanical and plant engineering is at the centre of Germany’s industrial capability. Trends like the Fourth Industrial Revolution (Industry 4.0), smart factories, energy and resource efficiency, and electric mobility demonstrate that the sector is in constant motion and subject to a higher-than-average level of drive to innovate. This means mid-market machinery and plant engineering companies are faced with particular challenges, which at the same time hold great potential. The blending of IT technology and engineering as part of Industry 4.0 is increasingly placing topics like IT and data security in the foreground. The industrial revolution linked to this offers German mid-market companies the opportunity to take up a position as global pioneers.
The sector is made up of mid-market players that are facing the challenge of always being one step ahead of the competition with respect to technology. Grant Thornton Germany advises many hidden champions among mid-market companies. We know the various challenges and trends of machine and plant engineering, and so are able to offer businesses in the industry effective and all-encompassing services. Thanks to our robust international Grant Thornton network, we are even able to offer standardised services for cross-border issues, while still maintaining high standards of quality. To achieve this you have a permanent contact available to you – not just for the occasion, but for the entire duration of your relationship with us. As a mid-market firm, we feel at home in mechanical and plant engineering, with its many mid-market companies. We’ll develop effective solutions for you that match your requirements.
- Audits according to German and international standards
- Tax (e.g. VAT, transfer prices, posting of employees) and business advisory for activities abroad (e.g. financial modelling, compliance risk analyses)
- Assistance with planning and carrying out transactions and separation and integration
- Advice on particular situations (including restructuring)
- Assistance with the design/analysis of (project) accounting and working capital management systems
- Financing advisory (including financing of mezzanine capital and project funding)
- Advice on investment projects (such as construction of new production facilities or other CapEx projects in cooperation with specialist plant engineering companies)
- Advice on governance, risk, and compliance issues
- Advisory on Industry 4.0
We’re proud of the awards we’ve won. And we’re just as happy that our clients give us top ratings! We’re working hard to keep it that way. And that’s a promise!