Based on the strongest economy of the European Union, Germany, our US Desk provides perfect access to the European Economic Area.
The central location of Germany as well as the good network and the excellent infrastructure is the perfect hub for foreign investors to Europe and thus also to adjacent markets such as France, the Netherlands and Eastern Europe.
US Desk provides high-quality professional services for US companies who seek economic opportunities in Germany. In addition, we also offer comprehensive support for German companies in the development of their US market opportunities. Our advantage: We are member of Grant Thornton International with direct access to our partners in the US. Or expressed in figures: We are represented in the USA with 58 offices, 550 partners and 7,000 employees.
Why Grant Thornton Germany?
Our US Desk in Germany combines dedicated market and industry knowledge, proven technical expertise and a profound understanding of the American culture. Whether in audit, tax, outsourcing or compliance - we support you with our interdisciplinary team of experts across ten locations in Germany to make the right decisions. Already today numerous subsidiaries of international corporations and medium-sized US based companies with German operations rely on our experience and also our expertise. As a German member firm of Grant Thornton International we have the right local experts for your questions and can guarantee a fast and reliable processing of your projects.
Our services for US based clients in Germany:
Audit & Assurance:
- Compliance with regulatory requirements
- Internal Control: SOX 404 compliance
- Corporate Social Responsibility reporting
- Statutory Audits under German GAAS, AICPA and PCAOB standards
- Outsourcing (reporting, internal audit, payroll accounting, interim management)
- Financial Management (diagnostics, process improvement)
- Post-Merger integration (GAAP conversion, reporting, training)
- IT Security Management System and Tests
- Design of a tax effective investment structure into Germany, including aspects relating to interest deduction, reduction of withholding taxes, tax consolidation, real estate-transfer-tax- and indirect tax optimization
- Post-merger integration of German targets into existing US outbound structure
- Tax compliance, e.g. annual tax compliance, withholding tax returns and all other periodic or non-periodic returns
- Analysis on reportable transactions under DAC-6, including processing of DAC-6 reports
- Obtaining double tax treaty relief
- Out-from-under planning
- Support on quarterly / bi-annual or annual tax reporting, including deferred and current taxation as well as FIN48 support
- Buy-side and sell-side transaction advisory, including diligence reviews or fact book preparation
- Exit readiness and carve-out preparation
- Post-merger integration assistance
- Transaction accounting assistance, including the preparation of carve-out financial statements or (review of) closing accounts
- SPA financial advisory, e.g. with relation to purchase price or closing mechanisms under German and International GAAP
- Company and subsidiary valuation
- Shared-based remuneration pricing analysis or option pricing
- Compliance with statutory standards (EU GDPR, BSI Act – BSIG)
All services can be supported by our legal department in Germany.
Sector Focus of our US Desk Specialists:
- Chemical & Pharmaceutical Industry
- Mechanical & Plant Engineering
- Real Estate
- Retail & Consumer Products