PartnerFind out more
The Public Sector is one of the main pillars of German economy. It includes Ministries, Administrative Bodies and municipalities as well as public enterprises.
We support and advise public-sector companies, administrative bodies and not-for-profit organizations in tax and commercial matters.
The federal government, federal states, cities and municipalities are increasingly outsourcing tasks to legally independent organizational units and holding companies, and are also developing their own business activities, leading to increased challenges concerning tax and business for the Public Sector. We are aware of the system changes required by the new §2b Umsatzsteuergesetz [German Turnover Tax Act] until 01 January 2021 and offer advisory services to help you make optimum use of the period until implementation. In addition, the Public Sector and public sector companies are facing special challenges due to the required accounting according to HGB [German Commercial Law] and the preservation of the public revenue and expenditure account. We understand the issues, structures and special characteristics of the administration and analyze processes at the operational level together with our clients.
Why Grant Thornton Germany?
We are an experienced partner for federal authorities, municipalities and public-sector entities, as well as for public-sector holding companies. As a consultant we enable public-sector companies, administrative bodies and not-for-profit organizations manage complex tax issues. As an auditor, we offer the whole range of assurance services according to German Commercial Law and special law regulations.
For independent organizational units and holding companies we analyze processes at the operational level, identify commercial units (and therefore potential risks) and reorganize business processes directly on site.
Our team consists of experienced auditors, tax advisors and lawyers specialized in public administration. Our approachable audit team ensures a trustful and successful cooperation on the long term.
- Comprehensive tax advice for corporate bodies under public law (public institutions and bodies governed by public law, federal and regional authorities, and municipalities) including support concerning the §2b UStG transition
- Comprehensive advice in tax and commercial matters for holding companies
- Tax declarations
- Tax Compliance Management Systems
- Preparation or audit of annual financial statements
- Confirmation and attestations according to special law regulations
- Internal audit
- Grant audits for EU and national funds
- Support concerning business issues and implementation of solutions