Silvia MichelFind out more
Meeting increased demands with sector-focussed consulting
The requirements on the public sector have increased significantly: The federal government, the federal states, and local governments as well as churches, health insurance companies or educational or research institutions have a wide range of tasks to fulfill. They have to cope with the conflicting priorities of politics, financial regulations and the demand for efficient operation. There is a trend towards outsourcing tasks to independent organisational units.
At the same time, the public sector is more and more in the centre of attention of the fiscal authorities, in particular with regard to value added tax (VAT). Changes of tax law will present new challenges for the entire administration within the next few years. With the special regulations applying to them, the public sector and its companies need sector-specific advice in terms of tax law, commercial law and management.
Why Grant Thornton Germany?
We have been providing audit and consulting services to the federal government and regional authorities, local governments, institutions under public law and investment companies of the public sector and stakeholders for 20 years now. VAT and income taxation of public law entities and non-profit organisations is one of our main fields of expertise.
We are highly familiar with the particularities of the public sector from our extensive advisory activities. We know the questions arising for public institutions and take an interest in the tasks of our clients, their goals and their organisational structure. Our priority is cooperation in partnership. This is the basis for individual solutions with high practical relevance.
Profit from our services - we make a difference
Our experts are experienced auditors, tax advisors, lawyers or business management professionals specialised in the public sector. We set up individually composed multidisciplinary teams across our locations whose work is always based on the goal and tasks of our clients. Constant contact persons are the basis of a cooperation that is successful in the long term.
Our experts provide multidisciplinary services in the following areas.
- Comprehensive advisory services for public law entities (institutions and corporations under public law, federal and regional authorities, local governments), including support with system changes required under section 2b German VAT Act [Umsatzsteuergesetz - UStG]
- Preparing tax models and assistance with their practical implementation
- Preparation of expert opinions and other opinions
- Conducting trainings and workshops
- Comprehensive advice for investment companies on tax law and commercial law
- Law relating to public benefit
- Tax returns of all kinds
- Support during tax audits
- Conducting appeal proceedings and tax court proceedings
- Coordination with the fiscal authorities
- Assistance with establishing of tax compliance management systems
Audit & Assurance
- Preparation or audit of financial statements
- Confirmations or certificates under special legal regulations
- Internal audit
- Audits of the use of public funds from the EU and from national sources
- Assistance with questions of business management and their practical implementation
- Business valuation
- Management expert opinions